The Taylor Bennett Foundation is on the hunt for an intern to join us from 14th September – 24th November. This role pays National Minimum Wage and is based in Bermondsey.
As part of the Programme team you will support the Head of Programmes and Chief Executive with the day-to-day running of our graduate PR training programme.
You’ll also have the opportunity to sit in on our training and to go along on field trips to various PR agencies and in-house comms teams so this will be a brilliant opportunity to explore the communications industry.
You must be: highly organised, have good level of attention to detail and strong writing skills.
Full job spec:
To support the Head of Programmes and Chief Executive with the daily running of the programme.
Day to day responsibilities
- Listing recruitment adverts on university careers boards and online recruitment sites
- Assisting Head of Programmes on assessment days
- Distributing assessment day feedback
- Researching field trip hosts and creating briefing documents
- Ensuring trainees have appropriate materials
- Chaperoning trainees on field trips, making sure the trainees do their research and use the opportunity to ask good questions
- Ensuring trainees submit required work on time
- Distributing weekly time tables and feedback forms
- Collating feedback and appraisals
- Sending thank you cards to visit hosts
- General admin support including; assisting with contact information updates for events and marketing purposes, filing
- Assisting Head of Programmes with alumni relations
- Assisting Head of Programmes & Chief Executive with social media and communications
- Preparing first draft of TBF Update to all alumni and supporters following each programme
On-going project work may include the following:
- Listing recruitment ads for mentees with university careers departments
- Distributing online impact surveys
- Ensuring mentors and mentees have correct materials
- Supporting the Mentoring Manager
- Making connections with relevant university groups including Afro Caribbean societies and Islamic societies to arrange a calendar of speaking opportunities
- Providing relevant TBF marketing collateral to speakers from PR firms and in-house communications teams
To apply for this role please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday 25th August